Impairments and property damage caused by the freezing of water-filled piping are some of the most common issues impacting facilities. To explore how water-based fire protection systems can be protected against freezing, fire protection industry expert and Telgian Engineering & Consulting Chief Engineering Officer Tracey Bellamy PE, CFPS, CWBSP will present a Fire Smarts “Freeze Protection for Fire Sprinkler Systems” webinar. The event will be held on Thursday, January 13, 2022, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm (Eastern).
Bellamy has more than 25 years of experience in the fire protection community including all areas of the fire sprinkler industry. He has extensive experience with fire suppression system design, fire hazard analysis and fire protection system inspection and testing. He is licensed as a Professional Engineer in 49 U.S. states, District of Columbia and Guam and a Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS).
The course will cover the NFPA standards requiring water-based fire protection systems to be protected against freezing and the related maintenance required. In addition, the conditions that trigger mandatory freeze protection will be examined, along with the approved options for meeting the requirement. The design limitations and economic impact of using dry pipe systems, pre-action systems, insulation, heat tracing, antifreeze solutions, and other potential protection methods will also be discussed, as well as the importance of inspection, testing and maintenance requirements.
- Identify the requirements for the instances when freeze protection is required for the various types of water-based suppression systems
- Explain the methods that are approved for freeze protection
- Locate and apply the requirements for the use of the approved freeze protection methods
- Learn the advantages and challenges associated with the different options for freeze protection
- Understand the required inspection, testing and maintenance when applying freeze protection
To learn more about the Freeze Protection for Fire Sprinkler Systems webinar and to register, please visit Fire Smarts.
For media and interview inquiries, please contact:
Susan McNeill, Telgian Holdings, Inc.