Telgian Executive Chairman Russell Leavitt will be a featured guest speaker at FireCon 2019. The Conference and Expo event is sponsored by The American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) Florida Chapter and is slated for September 24-27, 2019 at the Margaritaville Resort in Orlando, Florida.
Leavitt will give several training presentations throughout the course of FireCon 2019 and share some of his 38+ years of experience in the fire protection industry. Presentations include:
- Wednesday September 25, 10:00 am – 12:00 noon and 1:00 am – 4:00 pm: NFPA 25 for Inspectors
- Thursday September 26 from 8:00 am – 10:00 am: Fire Pumps for Inspectors
- Thursday September 26 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: NFPA 25 Step by Step Testing Procedures
CEUs for attending these presentations vary. To review CEUs, please visit AFSA Florida Chapter.
About Russell Leavitt
Leavitt serves as the Executive Chairman and Board Member for Telgian Holdings, Inc., as well as the Chairman of Telgian Corporation.
He is active in numerous trade and professional associations and holds several leadership positions including:
- * 2nd-Vice Chair, NFPA
- * Board of Directors, NFPA
- * Chair, NFPA 13 Technical Committee for Fire Sprinkler System Discharge Criteria
- * Principal Member, NFPA Technical Committee for Installation
- * Principal Member, NFPA 3
- * Principal Member, NFPA 4
- * Principal Member, NFPA 25
- * Non-voting Member, Automatic Sprinkler Correcting Committee
- * Represents NFPA 13 on the Technical Committee for NFPA 909
- * Represents NFPA 13 on the Technical Committee for 914
Throughout his career, Leavitt has authored numerous articles and training guides, including the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) Beginning Inspector Training Program and the AFSA Online Hydraulics Training Program. In addition, he is a major contributor to several NFPA Handbooks and served as the subject matter expert for numerous NFPA live and online training programs.
Leavitt is a Level IV NICET certified technician and Certified Fire Protection Specialist who holds fire protection contracting licenses in 35 states. He earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Hosted by the American Fire Sprinkler Association Florida Chapter (AFSA-FL), FireCon 2019 is a 32-hour conference that brings together over 100 sprinkler contractors, inspectors, vendors, manufactures, and AHJs. Attendees from across the state of Florida and beyond, receive training, have the opportunity to showcase their companies, and come together to build industry relationships. In addition, FireCon provides opportunities for contractors and inspectors to obtain CEUs needed to renew their licenses.
The American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) is a non-profit, international association representing fire sprinkler contractors, dedicated to the educational advancement of its members and promotion of the use of fire sprinklers. AFSA also acts as a liaison with other national associations involved in fire safety. Working together with government agencies, such as the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the National Fire Protection Association, the Residential Fire Safety Institute, and the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition, AFSA helps to create an awareness on the dangers of fire.