The Pat Ryan Team Spirit Award, which was created in memory of Telgian associate Pat Ryan, is the most prestigious honor bestowed at Telgian each year. The annual award recognizes the spirit of teamwork that Ryan personified and is presented to the Telgian Team Member who best embodies his example.
With a distinguished career spanning 29 years in a variety of capacities, Ryan dedicated his life’s work to the fire protection industry. In addition to serving with the San Diego Fire Department as Assistant San Diego Fire Marshal, he was also a successful Fire Protection Consultant and the Western Regional Director for Telgian (previously TVA).
Ryan’s great legacy was that he was an exceptional motivator, coach and mentor, willing to teach patiently and delighting in the success of others. His work ethic was legendary and he was sincerely passionate about the fire protection, life safety and security industry, the success of the company, and the wellbeing of its people. Each year, the Pat Ryan Team Spirit Award honors those who strive to follow in Ryan’s footsteps.
From amongst the many nominations submitted for the 2023 award, three finalists were selected for their outstanding contributions. These include Assistant Regional Practice Leader, Fire Protection Engineering Alex Gonzales., Sr. Fire Protection Engineer Heather Weekley and Human Resources Director Angie Roper (pictured).
Congratulations go to, not only the three finalists, but also to the many Telgian associates whose exceptional contributions were also recognized with nominations. These include:
- Valerie Olivas, Sr. Repair Services Manager*
- Chastity Green, Vendor Accounts Specialist
- Angel Toledo, Fire Protection Consultant
- Michael Willis, Assistant Regional Practice Leader, Fire Protection Engineering
- Andrew Morland, Assistant Regional Practice Leader, Fire Protection Engineering
- Susan McNeill, Corporate Communications Manager
- Dave Frego, Technical Alarm Consultant
- Lauris Freidenfelds, Vice President, Security Risk Consulting
- Kris Rayford, Senior Project Assistant
- Cindy Zamora, Sr. Director, Inspections & Vendor Operations
- Louis Burton, Strategic Account Manager
- Laura Baer, Construction Project Manager
- David Krimmer, Sr. Account Manager*
- Danny Garber, Team Lead, Suppression Design
- Patrick Reilly, Fire Protection Consultant
- Ben Young, Sr. Fire Suppression Designer
- John Morgan, Fire Protection Consultant
- Polly Marchesani, Project Assistant
- Keith Butler, Vice President, Fire Protection Engineering – East
- Cailin Cordero, Compliance Administrator
- Fraser Wylie, Sr. Fire Suppression Designer
- Fletcher Hawkins, Manager, Marketing Coordination
- Jeff Harkey, Field Inspector III*
- Kent Wakelee, Regional Field Supervisor
- Amy Potter, Project Assistant
- Emily Palmer, Field Services Coordinator
- Steven Mixon, Quality Control Supervisor
- Mariela Gutierrez, Vendor Agent
*Previous award winners
The winner of the 2023 Pat Ryan Award will be announced at Telgian’s Annual Meeting which will be held on May 3, 2023.
For media interviews and information, please contact Susan McNeill, Corporate Communications Manager at email@example.com.