The recent 2019 New York State Fire Marshals and Inspectors Seminar, hosted by New York State Homeland Security and Emergency Services and the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, featured some of the country’s top experts in the fire prevention industry including fire prevention expert and Telgian Vice President Tom Parrish. The annual event, designed to keep fire inspectors aware of technological and code changes, also provided essential background information in the field of fire prevention. At the recent event, Parrish conducted two workshops: “Fire Alarm System Initiating Device Basics” and “Fire Alarm System Notification Device Basics.”
As an industry leading fire prevention expert, Parrish’s career includes more than 25 years of experience in fire protection and emergency response. He has held positions with municipal fire, law enforcement and emergency medical services and in private industry system design and installation programs. His combined experience and expertise ensures that he is frequently called upon as a guest speaker for events across the globe, from Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) chapter meetings, to Automatic Fire Alarm Association (AFAA) conferences and events in the US, to Fire & Security Association of India training programs in South Asia.
In addition to “Fire Alarm System Initiating Device Basics” and “Fire Alarm System Notification Device Basics,” Parrish’s workshops have also included:
• NFPA 3000, Standard for an Active Shooter / Hostile Event Response (ASHER)
• Historic Fires & the Code Changes that Resulted
• NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code Communications Methods
• NICET Fire Sprinkler Level II Inspections and Testing
• NFPA 25: Misunderstood, Misinterpreted and Misapplied
• NFPA 25 and 72: Compliance Need Not Break the Bank
• NFPA 72 Mass Notification Systems: What Do You Need to Know?
• What Codes Apply to Fire Alarm Systems?
• NFPA 72 Testing and Inspections: Can you self-perform them?
• Fire Alarm Installations: A Review of Applicable Codes and Standards
• Fire Alarm System Replacement: What You Need to Know
• NFPA 72 Fire Alarm Spacing Requirements
To learn more about the 2019 New York State Fire Marshals and Inspectors Seminar, please click here. For additional information about securing fire prevention expert Tom Parrish as a guest speaker, please direct media and interview inquiries to:
Telgian Holdings, Inc.