Fire, security, and life safety services provider Telgian Corporation announced today that four Telgian experts – Russell Leavitt, Leonard Ramo, Tom Parrish and Dan Vandergriff – will be presenting educational sessions at the Campus Fire Safety and Emergency Management conference March 7-8, 2016, in Columbus, Ohio. The Telgian team will collectively lead 10 presentations during the conference’s two-day program schedule, including several sessions awarding Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits for the state of Ohio.
Russell Leavitt, executive chairman, will lead three sessions:
• NFPA 25 Stakeholders Roles and Responsibilities;
• Water-Based Fire Protection Systems: Internal Piping Condition and Obstruction Investigation NFPA 25; and
• NFPA 25—Misunderstood, Misinterpreted, and Misapplied.
Leonard Ramo, executive vice president of Telgian engineering & consulting, will lead two sessions:
• Stationary Fire Pumps 100 – Installation and Maintenance Basics; and
• The Benefits of Fire Risk Assessment for Campus Buildings.
Tom Parrish, vice president of Telgian integrated systems, will lead four sessions:
• NFPA 25 and 72: Compliance Need Not Break the Bank;
• NFPA 72 Mass Notification Systems: What Do You Need to Know?;
• What Codes Apply to Fire Alarm Systems?; and
• NFPA 72 Testing and Inspections: Can you self-perform them?
Dan Vandergriff, director of operations for Telgian engineering & consulting, will lead one session:
• Prioritizing Fire Protection Upgrades with Limited Budgets While Planning for the Long Term.
“The importance of keeping campuses safe and secure cannot be undervalued,” said Ramo. “Our team is honored to share our expertise with the professionals charged with keeping campuses compliant and safe.”
Telgian’s participation in the Campus Fire Safety and Emergency Management conference is just one of many ways the company remains committed to providing ongoing education and training in fire, security and life safety. As industry leaders, Telgian experts are active in global code development organizations like NFPA, SFPE and ICC and are active on over 30 different NFPA committees. Executive Chairman Russell Leavitt has been on the NFPA Board of Directors since June 2014 and is currently chair of the sprinkler system discharge technical committee for automatic sprinklers (NFPA 13). Several members of the firm have collectively been major contributors to published NFPA Handbooks and are frequently authored in industry publications.
The annual event attracts more than 300 professionals from across the country and the world. The 2016 conference, entitled “Engage for Success,” will provide attendees with the necessary tools, education, ideas, experts and networking opportunities to expand personal and professional development that empowers action to make a difference in the community.
Telgian is a worldwide provider of comprehensive fire protection services, as well as security, life safety consulting and engineering/design. Telgian partners with clients to produce innovative solutions that reduce exposure to loss from fire and disasters. The result is productive, profitable environments that keep businesses safe and compliant.
Media and Interview Inquiries:
Telgian Holdings, Inc.