“Every year, we hear of Christmas tree fires or holiday decorations that lead to home fires, property damage, and tragically, sometimes loss of life,” says fire protection expert Tracey Bellamy, PE, CFPS, CWBSP in the recent Atlanta Journal-Constitution article, “Avoiding Holiday Fires from Trees, Decorations, Candles.”
As you begin celebrating the holidays, the best line of defense against a holiday fire is a strong offense. Staying aware of potential fire hazards will help you keep your family safe this season.
Read “Avoiding Holiday Fires from Trees, Decorations, Candles” in its entirety at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Tracey Bellamy, PE, CFPS, CWBSP is the Chief Engineering Officer for Telgian Engineering & Consulting, LLC (TEC). He oversees the technical aspects of all fire protection engineering activities and establishes standards of performance for the fire protection engineering program. Bellamy also performs fire protection and life safety consulting services related to fire and building codes and national fire protection standards.
Bellamy is an active member of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards committees and the Society of Fire Protection Engineers. Additionally, he is a major contributor to the NFPA 13, Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook and NFPA 25, Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Handbook, published by NFPA.
Bellamy is dedicated to advancing the fire protection industry and is active in the world of fire and life safety education. He is a senior instructor and has presented classes for NFPA, AFSA, NFSA and Fire Smarts, providing instruction on a wide variety of topics including NFPA standards and the International Building and Fire Codes.
Additional fire protection and fire safety articles by Bellamy:
- “How to Determine Commodity Classification,” Sprinkler Age
- “The warehouse of the future… today,” Building Safety Journal
- “Lives vs. Assets: What Residential Sprinkler Design Standards Should be Used?” Reeves Journal
- “Fire Protection of Dry Dock Storage Facilities,” Marina Dock Age
- “Keep safety issues in mind when returning to offices,” Phoenix Business Journal
- “Improving Warehouse Fire Safety in Five Steps,” Fire Middle East
- “Fire Protection Evolution: New Vehicle Materials & Power Sources Drive Increased Risk,” Parking
For media inquiries and interviews with Tracey Bellamy, please contact Telgian Corporate Communications Manager Susan McNeill, firstname.lastname@example.org.