The most prestigious honor bestowed at Telgian each year is the Pat Ryan Team Spirit Award, which was created in memory of Telgian associate Pat Ryan. This award recognizes the spirit of teamwork that Ryan personified, and it is presented annually to the Telgian Team Associate who best embodies his example.
Ryan dedicated his life’s work to the fire protection industry, with a distinguished career spanning 29 years in a variety of capacities. He served with the San Diego Fire Department, as Assistant San Diego Fire Marshal, as a successful Fire Protection Consultant, and as Western Regional Director for TVA.
A true team player, Ryan was not only an exceptional motivator, he was also willing to teach patiently, delighting in the success of others. As coach and mentor, he was a good listener, genuine, and kind. His work ethic was never self-serving. Instead, he was sincerely passionate about the fire protection, life safety and security industry, the success of the company, and the wellbeing of its people.
The Pat Ryan Team Spirit Award seeks to honor those Telgian associates who follow in Ryan’s footsteps. And, the list of past recipients of the Pat Ryan Team Spirit Award includes many of Telgian’s most highly respected associates.
From amongst the many nominations submitted this year, three finalists were selected for their outstanding contributions. These include Fire Suppression Designer Mary McKenna (Telgian Engineering & Consulting, TEC), Regional Field Supervisor Paul Colston (Telgian Fire Safety, TFS) and Vice President, Field Operations Jeff Schaid (Telgian Fire Safety, TFS).
Congratulations go to, not only the three finalists, but also to the many Telgian associates whose exceptional contributions were recognized with nominations. These include:
- Sarah Reed Field Inspector I TFS
- Jessie Endres Transition Manager TFS
- Doug Richter Account Manager TFS
- Stephanie Smith Project Accountant TEC
- Chris Connolly Manager Customer Relations TFS
- Pamela Reno Assistant Regional Practice Leader TEC
- Denniece Cooper Training Manager TFS
- Dan Vandergriff Executive VP Operations TEC
- Keith Butler Regional Practice Leader TEC
- Drew Gerard Regional Practice Leader TEC
- Wayne [Doug] Kilgore Fire Suppression Designer TEC
- Mike Singleton Field Inspector II TFS
- Shaundra Francom Dispatcher TFS
- Rachel Brantley HR Specialist TEC
- Renae Newby Business Analyst TFS
- Liz Henry VP Finance/Controller TEC
- Jim Dunbar Sr. Signaling Designer TEC
- Ralph Bless VP Account Management THI
- Kim Rangel Special Project Coordinator TFS
- Angie Roper HR Director TFS
- Carla Scott Lead Logistics Administrator TFS
- Kelsey Antetomaso Special Projects Coordinator TFS
- Amber Lobstein Regional Procurement Manager TFS
- Bret Henderson Director of Business Analytics TFS
- Tasha Bills Account Manager TFS
- Jeff Harkey Field Inspector III TFS
- Leigh Ann Boucher Account Manager TFS
- Tom Parrish VP of Compliance and Training TFS
- Kim Green Billing Analyst TFS
- Lorraina Eldridge Sr. Director Repair Services TFS
- Shannon Reyes Account Specialist TFS
- Emily Palmer Field Services Coordinator TFS
- Kris Rayford Senior Project Assistant TEC
- Rebecca Demary Account Manager TFS
- Cindy Zamora Director Field Support TFS
- Valerie Downs Repair Services Manager TFS
The winner of the 2022 Pat Ryan Award will be announced at the company’s annual meeting which will be held in May.
About Telgian Holdings, Inc.
Since 1985, Telgian has provided innovative fire, security and life safety systems testing, inspections and maintenance, consulting and engineering/design services, keeping facilities safe, compliant and on budget. Telgian is a trusted partner to companies around the globe, providing solutions throughout the US and abroad. The company is headquartered in Phoenix with regional offices across the nation, in Canada and Latin America.
The company offers clients a single-source solution for all of their fire protection, security and life safety needs through two focused business units including:
Telgian Engineering & Consulting. This full-service global engineering and risk mitigation consulting firm specializes in complex, multi-discipline public and private sector projects. TEC provides professional services related to the protection of people, property, information, and organizational mission against preventable losses; these include strategic/enterprise risk management, fire protection engineering, environmental health and safety, emergency management, operations continuity consulting, and construction administration services.
Telgian Fire Safety. This company’s expertise includes testing, inspections and repair of Fire Life Safety Systems such as Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Systems, Fire Extinguishers, Kitchen Hood Suppression Systems, Emergency and Exit Lights, Special Hazards, and Clean Agent Systems, as well as Fire Alarm Monitoring. TFS specializes in service to multi-location properties, as well as large single-campus facilities. In fact, TFS services over 50,000 locations annually throughout the US and abroad, providing a centralized approach and standardized way for clients to manage a fire and life safety program including inventory tracking, capital replacement programs, budgeting and forecasting.
For media interviews and information, please contact Susan McNeill, Corporate Communications Manager at email@example.com.